December 21 2020
Dear YSATT Members,
Greetings for the End of Year 2020
As this year draws to a close I would like to take a moment, on behalf of the YSATT Board and
staff, to bring greetings and well wishes to you and your loved ones this holiday season and for
the new year ahead.
This year has been one of the most challenging in living memory for many of us. It is my sincere
hope that as we move into the new year we can look forward to the future and emerge ready to
take on the opportunities and challenges alike in 2021.
For now, I would like to give you all a brief update of the ongoing work we are engaged in and
recent developments with YSATT.
- Letters have been written and hand delivered to various Ministers (National Security
Health, Trade & Industry, Finance) and the Prime Minister requesting assistance to
reopen our Industry.
- Letters have been written and submitted to the CMO requesting hotel facilities in
Chaguaramas be approved for use to quarantine cruisers (pending travel exemptions for
- Approval has been granted by the Chief Medical Officer on the YSATT-PHSS Proposal
for safe reopening of our Industry.
- Subcommittees have been established to help YSATT deal with urgent matters that the
membership have been asking for. These subcommittees are as follows:
- Communications with Govt Agencies
- Constitutional reform
- Human Resource
- Social Media
- Covid Compliance
- Interviews have been conducted for a new Office Administrator for YSATT.
- Maritime Services Division have given their full support for the reopening of our Industry.
- All systems have been tested for cruisers to return/enter Trinidad by sea. Nationals have
successfully returned via boat and gone through all protocols set in place.
- Tourism Trinidad Ltd has included Yachting as one of their highlights for Trinidadian
tourism development on their newly launched website visittrinidad.tt
- The Single Harmonized Form Bill has finally passed in Parliament after 20 plus years of
As we look ahead to 2021 we will be pursuing some immediate goals to help serve the Yacht
Services industry. These include:
- Following up on all letters submitted to Govt Ministers and the PM
New Ads will be placed in both Caribbean Compass and All at Sea for 2021 promoting
the Yacht Services industry in Trinidad & Tobago.
Following up with the Attorney General on the Single Harmonized Form for full
Ensure Ministry of Trade approved policies are carried out to rebuild the Yachting
Industry (Industry has been identified by Government as one of the 7 Sectors for
diversification of our economy away from oil and gas).
- Should these communications fail to produce results in a timely manner, YSATT
has a Press Release standing by to go out to ALL of the Media outlets.
We welcome any and all feedback, questions or suggestions that you may have regarding these
or any other matters. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for assistance or information.
I am well aware that this Christmas and holiday season may not look the same as seasons past,
however I urge you to stay safe and protect yourself and your loved ones. Wishing you all a
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Yacht Services Association of Trinidad & Tobago
Seasons Greetings to all!
It is my honour to have been elected and accepted to the role of President of YSATT.
It is with pleasure and humility that we can announce also, that a new YSATT board has been appointed to help serve and advance the interests of all the stakeholders within our community. This board is made up of fine individuals, each with a wealth of experience that we will be utilizing fully to help get us through these dismal times and to tackle the myriad challenges ahead.
Personally, with nearly three decades in the industry, and longer still as a member of the global mariner community, I am all too familiar with the many shortfalls and areas of opportunity for us here in Trinidad & Tobago.
On behalf of the new board at YSATT, I would like to assure all concerned, of a steadfast commitment to work diligently to achieve the simple, yet impactful goals to develop a more welcoming, productive and flourishing yacht services sector in Trinidad & Tobago.
We look forward to serving all YSATT members, the broader community of yacht service providers, and our dear customers.
President of YSATT
New Board Members